Click on Schedules A and B below to view sample teaching schedules for the Atlanta and Chicago regions, respectively. Please note that the schedules are examples only; exact locations, days off, class times, and programs taught will vary.
Schedule and Workload:
Institute teachers typically work a full time schedule of 37-39 hours per week.
A work week involves:
- Teaching 10-14 classes over 4-5 days (including both weekend days)
- Working with students who range in age from 4 years old to adult
- Calling parents to discuss student progress
- Entering and reviewing data related to student performance
- Meeting with your supervisor
- Spending time reviewing curriculum